viernes, 6 de noviembre de 2009

Mrs. LaRosa

When I first saw Mrs. LaRosa, she was carrying her well-travelled rucksack. She needed some translation, so I stayed with her in reception, while she complained about the price of the room.

It turned out later, that she was not travelling, that that was her life. See, there is people that travel to get a rest of their living and there are few that travel as life. When they take holidays, they work, easy peesy . She was the latter case.


Mrs. LaRosa, commenced "living" more the 30 years ago, and over that time, she managed to visit the great wonders of the world, places that most of "living deaths" dream about in our daily life. Candada, Vietnam, Sry Lanka, all Europe I guess, Bolivia...longer list than she told me, and definitely longer than I would remember anyway.

As I said, she was not a traveler in the normal sense, therefore, I think that she didn't enjoy such activities as "The tour of Bla-Bla", nor the "Guided visit of the Whatever-mines"...I guess she enjoys travelling  persons better than their heritage to the world, but that is my long shoot. Notwithstanding that, she thought us the simplicity and beauty of spending one evening playing Yathzee, fuelled by some whiskeys.

Should I have to describe her  in few words, I would use; interesting, brave and grumpy.

-The first, because she had, and enjoyed telling, lots of tales about many dead corps she saw in several rivers across all continents...among other things.
-The second, because travelling for 30 years, mainly alone, by all the known and unknown places of the world takes been like that. She probably did make difficult choices along the way, challenging conservative minds on her quest to discover herself throughout the planet.
-The third, no doubt about it, as should all thing not be at their maximum potential, shouts and "for-Gods-shake's" would appear form her mouth.
In any case, we did enjoy her particular way, company and habits. I really think and hope  that, sooner or later, I'll see her again.

"Long life to those how have a vision of their existence and pursue it, even if that means to travel the word on its conquest"
 


2 comentarios:

  1. interesting lady, what was she doing for a living? you didn't tell!
    (NB: from the grumpy part, I deduce she must have been French in her previous life)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Lololol...She used to teach in glish in Hong-Kong for living, among with other interesting activities, such as catering and others. From that you can decede that she was not french, indeed she was from the UK!

    ResponderEliminar

¿Y tú que piensas de esto? No seas tímido y habla: